Scope of the position
Functions as one of the leaders of the Resort’s all segments sales focus on Groups, Leisure, Corporate and Institutional. Manages the Resort’s proactive sales team reporting and assisting the Commercial Director. Shares responsibility for achieving leisure, corporate and group revenue goals, guest and associate satisfaction. Maintains ultimate accountability for verifying that Sales team maximizes sales activities ROI and revenue opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
Managing Sales Activities
• Functions as the leader of the property’s sales effort in support of the Commercial Director.
• Sets booking goals for sales team members.
• Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of all segment’s sales promotions.
• Leads and is accountable of Sales Managers follow ups to maximize conversion. Coordinates and deploys group sales resources on-property to monitor the pull-through and sustainment of sales strategies and selling solutions.
• Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
• Manages the Resort’s proactive sales efforts focus on MICE, Leisure, Corporate and institutional.
• Maintains successful performance by increasing RFP’s, conversion velocity and revenues, controlling expenses to achieve business objectives set by the Board.
• Maintains ultimate accountability for verifying that the team maximizes revenue opportunities.
• Meet with customers regularly handling proactive sales calls and reactive sales leads.
• Conduct sales activities according to the set guidelines and plans set up by the Commercial Director
• Accountable of all Sales Manager’s enquires are handled promptly and efficiently.
• Manages Opera S&C and champions all information in the system is up to date.
• Prepare Sales Call Reports to record all information on daily sales activities.
Accountable of Revenue Conversion:
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Sales representative) to verify the property needs are being achieved
•Interacts effectively with guests/clients, sales and other hotel departments in order to, maintain guest satisfaction
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the Resort level
• Manages and directs Sales Managers team to achieve hotel revenue goals
• Works with the Commercial Director to establish understanding of sales strategy
• Together with Commercial Director, partners with Human Resources to attract, develop and retain the right people in order to support the strategic priorities of the market
• Creates effective structures, processes, jobs and performance management systems and makes sure those are in place and operationally
• Sets goals and expectations
• Forecasts talent needs and manages talent acquisition strategy with Commercial Director
• Shares responsibility for achieving MICE, Leisure, corporate and institutional revenue goals, guest and employee satisfaction
• Provides day-to-day leadership oversight to the Sales Managers
• Meets and exceeds top line revenues
• Knowledge of hotel's competitive set and recommends sales/pricing strategies and service/product improvements to stay competitive
• Creates and presents promotional rates, packages, and programs to Commercial Director
• Responsible for appropriate identification of key markets
• Stays abreast of industry trends trends and communicates to appropriate individuals anything that could impact the company directly or indirectly
• Provides coaching, mentoring, and training to sales team together with Commercial Director
• Establishes a sense of urgency with the team
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff
• Handles special projects and other duties as assigned in a timely manner
• Holds Bachelor and Master’s degree
• 8Y+ Luxury hospitality sales experience required.
• Industry respected leader with extensive experience and already solid relationships in segments described above.
• 2Y+ supervising sales teams preferred.
• Fluent in Spanish, English and German / French as a third language preferred.
• International experience preferred.
email to firstname.lastname@example.org